Monday, May 24, 2010

Nanay's Melt-in-your-Mouth Leche Flan



This is my Mom's recipe. She's been making leche flan this way ever since I can remember. It has always been a hit with everyone who tastes it an dit is a staple in all gatherings at home, be it birthdays, weddings, baptisms, during the holidays, and all other occasions I can think of.
When I was in my teens, my barkadas would always ask me if my Nanay made leche flan and they are really happy when I tell them yes because they know that they will be able to taste her famous leche flan again. Nowadays she doesn't make this very often because she's already in her late 70's, so now it is I who makes it, and it is my turn to pass her recipe on to my own kids.
This recipe uses whole eggs unlike other recipes that uses only the yolk, but it really has a really fine, creamy texture. The delicious caramel topping makes it easy to transfer from the pan to a serving platter. The technique for making this really creamy leche flan is in the cooking process. If you want to learn how to make this, then please click this link:
Included in the video are the ingredients and the procedure for making my Nanay's melt-in-your-mouth leche flan.

1 comment:

  1. I ENJOY WATCHING YOUR COOKING VIDEOS AND TRY IT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORT IN DOING THOSE VIDEOS. GOD BLESS YOU MORE RECIPES TO DO.

    ReplyDelete